Taking care of seasonal Houston home maintenance is a great way to extend the life of certain elements of your home and head off larger maintenance problems later. Keller Williams Northeast Realty wants to help you protect your home investment.
October means Fall Is Here! If you are joining in on Halloween festivities, remember to review safe trick-or-treating habits with your children.
Indoor Houston Home Maintenance:
- How about steam cleaning those carpets? If you haven’t done so in a while, it’s a great way to freshen the look of your carpets in time for the holiday season.
- Time for some fall cleaning. Now is a great time to dust your ceiling fans, picture frames, tops of cabinets, door frames, and all the other hard to reach areas in our homes that typically slip our minds.
- Clean out the toy room, kids closets, and your craft supply bin. Is there anything you could donate to a local childcare center or charity?
Outdoor Houston Home Maintenance:
- The fall mums are in bloom and a great addition of fall color to your flowerbeds. Don’t forget to add mulch to protect your plants this winter.
- It is finally time to put away the summer fun equipment (kiddie pools, sprinklers, pool toys, etc) and bring out the fall / winter equipment. Make sure to clean everything off first to ensure immediate fun during next year’s hot summer months!
- Pressure wash siding and decks, and take the time to reseal your wood, extending the life of your siding and your wood decks!