What do we do?
- Society of St. Stephen is a community outreach agency serving people living in the following zip codes: 77327, 77336, 77339, 77345, 77346, 77357, 77365, and 77372.
- We are 100% volunteer- we have no paid employees or positions.
- We are open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am- 11:30 am or until we have served the first 36 clients.
- Clients can visit SOSS once every 30 days for food, once every 60 days for clothing and once every 12 months for financial assistance.
- We have three special projects a year, our Back to School drive, our Thanksgiving Food Basket, and our Christmas Gifts for children age 1-14.
How do we do it?
- We receive donations and monetary gifts from individuals, philanthropic groups, churches, schools, businesses, corporation volunteer grants, and our major fundraiser – The SOSS Women’s Tennis Tournament – held in the Spring.
- Our 150+ regular volunteers give an average of 15 hours per month of their valuable time to SOSS.
How can you help?
- DONATE! We always need gently used clothing, linens and small household items, and please use your Kroger Community Rewards and Randall’s Good Neighbor programs.
- VOLUNTEER! We have a wide variety of places to help , working with clients or working behind the scenes, on a regular basis or on seasonal projects, and flexible scheduling from a couple of hours a month to more.
- GIVE! Financial contributions can be mailed directly to us, or designated to SOSS and dropped in the collection plate at Kingwood United Methodist Church. Society of St. Stephen is a 501c3 agency.
For more information, contact us!
Patty Carter, Director SOSS
1799 Woodland Hills Drive
Kingwood, Texas 77339