Taking care of seasonal Houston home maintenance is a great way to extend the life of certain elements of your home and head off larger maintenance problems later. Keller Williams Northeast Realty wants to help you protect your home investment.
November means the holidays are here!
Indoor Houston Home Maintenance:
- Expecting house guests over the holidays? Why not give your guest bedding and towels a wash or fluff in the dryer to freshen the space and cut down on your to-do list the day before guests arrive.
- Did you know you can degrease and clean your disposal with vinegar ice cubes? Divide one cup of vinegar evenly across an ice cube tray, fill the the rest of each cube with water, and freeze.
- When’s the last time you cleaned your range hood filter? Now’s the time to do it before all the yummy holiday cooking begins!
Outdoor Houston Home Maintenance:
- Clear your pathways and patios of any fall debris to freshen your front-of-home look, fast! Don’t forget to brush the pine needles off the top of your bushes and plants.
- Houston doesn’t typically need to worry about below freezing temperatures in November. However, we’re forecasted to have an abnormally cold winter this year. Keep an eye on the weather and remember to cover your plants and small trees susceptible to freezing temperatures.
- Any extra layer of mulch can help keep your plants warm during the cold temperatures this winter. Add a layer now, keep your plants safe until next year!