Taking care of Northeast Houston home maintenance is a great way to extend the life of certain elements of your home and head off larger maintenance problems later. Keller Williams Northeast Realty wants to help you protect your home investment.
April is a time of renewal and taxes! Read below for some Houston home maintenance tips to keep your home and your budget feeling new.
Indoor Home Maintenance
1. Keep your doors in ‘like new’ condition by greasing the hinge pins with a silicone lubricant this month. Make sure to bring a rag with you to catch any drips before they hit the floor.
2. If you haven’t already, install a programmable thermostat. Some newer thermostats have the ability to be accessed via your phone, so you’ll never have to worry about leaving the A/C on too high during your summer trips.
3. If you have gas appliances in your home, now is a good time to get them inspected and cleaned. This ensures your gas appliances remain safe and extends their longevity.
Outdoor Home Maintenance
1. Add some color to your flowerbeds or front porch flowerpots this spring to give your home a fresh curb appeal.
2. Inspect flowerpots and garden fixtures for any cracks, mold, or repairs.
3. Now that the pollen has mostly subsided, this is a great time to wipe down your outdoor furniture and railing, power wash your sidewalks, front entry, and patio, to get rid of the leftover pollen and winter debris.