Taking care of seasonal Houston home maintenance is a great way to extend the life of certain elements of your home and head off larger maintenance problems later. Keller Williams Northeast Realty wants to help you protect your home investment.
August means hot days and school days. Remember to stay safe and keep hydrated during these hot months.
Indoor Maintenance for Houston Homes:
- Time to get organized before the start of school. Pull out last year’s school supplies and clean out or reorganize if you haven’t already. Check out this pin for some helpful tips on organizing school supplies. We love the idea of a homework station!
- This is a great time to clean out your closets. If you haven’t worn it in a year, time to donate it!
- Clean out your sink drains to fix slow drainers. It’s a dirty job, but well worth it! You can try a store bought chemical, or try this DIY: Mix a solution of equal parts of salt, baking soda and vinegar. Pour it into the drain and chase it down with two quarts of boiling water.
Outdoor Maintenance for Houston Homes:
- Remove items that attract pests like lumber, tools, leftover landscaping stones. Anything that touches siding should be removed to avoid home damage from pests.
- Check your gutters for blockages or damaged parts. Clean and replace as necessary.
- With all the recent rain we’ve had, it’s important to make sure your roof hasn’t sustained damage from fallen tree limbs, etc. You can do an eye inspection and look for cracked, curling, or missing shingles. If you have any damage, call a roofing company to inspect further.